3 Best Plasma Cutter With Built-in Compressor Reviews, Tips & Guides
What is a plasma cutter and why do you need it for your air compressor?
Put it simply, a plasma cutter is a tool designed to cut through various types of electrically conductive materials (brass, steel, copper, etc.) No need to carry your heave machine around the field; by having the plasma cutter with built-in compressor, you can perform your tasks immediately and easily in your garage if having a suitable the power source. A regular plasma cutter requires an external air compressor operating on a standard wall plug.
Nowadays you can find dozens of them on the market, but choosing the best one seems to be a difficult mission. The price is pretty expensive, so you must consider carefully before making a purchase. To help you make an easier decision, here we come with three top-rated plasma cutters with air compressor for 2021… check out instantly:
Top 3 Best Plasma Cutter With Built-in Compressor
1. Thermal Arc 1-1110-1 Plasma Cutter System
- This unit comes standard with a built-in air compressor
- Weighs only 29 pounds, almost 50% lighter than the competition
If you are currently on a tight budget, then the best option is the Thermal Arc 1-1110-1 Air Cut – a product of Thermal Dynamics. Not really having the best capacity, this plasma cutter is still powerful enough to cut through any kind of material that you want. What I like most about this model is that it’s rated at 15A meaning it is compatible with any outlet. Featuring a 20ft torch lead, the whole kit works perfectly on large pieces of machinery.
With the maximum cutting capacity of 3/16”, the Thermal Arc can cut its way through thick surfaces of metal without interruption. Very lightweight (29 lbs.), this product really stands out for its portability.
- Lightweight, portable and compact
- Cut through many types of materials nicely
- 20ft torch lead
- 15A rating makes the kit perfect for any outlet
- More affordable
- Not powerful enough
- The duty cycle holds only 30%
2. Forney 317 250 P+ Plasma Cutter Kit with Air Compressor
- Uses electrical arc and compressed air to cut steel, aluminum and other conductive metals
- Drag torch technology allows you to move torch directly across the metal surface for precise cuts
If the Thermal Arc is also out of your reach, then extend your list of the best plasma cutter with built-in compressor with another ideal choice: The Forney 317 250 P+. Of course its power capacity will not be on the same level as the first option, but overall it’s packed with some benefits that will surely be worth a purchase.
Also using the standard power supply (15A – 120V), this plasma cutter kit can be plugged into any outlet. Not to mention that it is extremely lightweight and portable thanks to its compact size; moreover, the reason I put the Forney 317 250 P+ model into the list here because of its unique drag touch technology which allows the consumers to direct the torch across the metal for precise cuts. For your safety, there’s the featured built-in thermal overload protection.
The Forney product can give you a solid experience at a reasonable amount of money.
- Easy to use and operate
- Most cheapest on our list
- Work incredibly for any metal
- Lightweight (35 lbs.)
- Use the standard power of 15A
- Lack of power capacity
- There will be a delay every time the trigger is pulled
3. Hypertherm 088096 Powermax 30 AIR Hand System
- Operate it anywhere with the internal air compressor
- Plug into any 120 or 240 V power with Auto-Voltage technology and included plug adapters
If you are searching for best of the best, then don’t miss out the Hypertherm Powermax 30 AIR.
Produced right in the USA, undoubtedly this plasma cutter with built-in air compressor is the top choice of most consumers compared to other models on the market these days. The material cutting process is completely convenient with the dual-voltage (240V) power capacity. Unlike those with 120V, the kit of Hypertherm offers a 35% duty cycle jump for rated cuts – therefore, feel free to use more power whenever you need. Whether it is aluminum, copper, stainless steel or cast iron, Powermax 30 AIR can handle them all ultimately.
When it comes to plasma cutters, Hypertherm for sure is one of the industry leaders and definitely the Powermax 30 AIR whole system is their reliable product. Very lightweight (35 lbs.), all the on-the-go jobs can be done prettily.
- Lightweight and portable
- Dual voltage capacity
- Cut through all materials
- Cutting process with fast speed
- Quite expensive
The best plasma cutter with built-in compressor among three options on the list above is certainly the Powermax 30 AIR of Hypertherm. Make your choice NOW!
- 🥇[TOP 3] Best 80 Gallon Air Compressor Reviews In 2021
- 🥇[TOP 10] Best Airbrush Compressors Reviews In 2021
- 🥇[TOP 5] Best 30 Gallon Air Compressor Reviews In 2021
- 🥇[TOP 3] Best Air Compressor For Car Painting Reviews in 2021
- 🥇[TOP 3] Best Home Garage Air Compressor Reviews In 2021
- 🥇A Snapshot in Sanborn Air Compressor New Review In 2021
- 🥇[TOP 5] Best Electric Pressure Washers Reviews In 2021
- 🥇[TOP 10] Best Diesel Air Compressor For Big Projects Reviews In 2021