5 Best Wireless Dog Fence Reviews, Tips & Buying Guides
- 1 5 Best Wireless Dog Fence Reviews, Tips & Buying Guides
- 2 [TOP 5] Best Wireless Dog Fence Reviews
- 2.1 1. PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System, Covers up to 1/2 Acre, for Dogs over 8 lb, Waterproof Receiver with Tone / Static Correction – From The Parent Company of INVISIBLE FENCE Brand
- 2.2 2. PetSafe Wireless Fence (PIF-300) with Extra Battery Pack
- 2.3 3. Extreme Dog Fence – Second Generation -2020- Standard Grade (Essential) Kit Packages
- 2.4 4. PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence for Stubborn Dogs from the Parent Company of Invisible Fence Brand – Above Ground Electric Pet Fence with Waterproof and Rechargeable Training Collar
- 2.5 5. PetSafe Basic In-Ground Dog and Cat Fence – from the Parent Company of INVISIBLE FENCE Brand – Underground Electric Pet Fence System with Waterproof and Battery-Operated Training Collar
- 3 Buying Guide – How To Choose The Best Wireless Dog Fence?
- 4 Frequently Asked Question
First Invented in 1971 by Richard Peck and perfected by Jack Purcell, a sales executive in the year 1976, the invisible fence for dogs is the most humane and best way to train and protect your dog.
Familiarising your pet to boundaries doesn’t require putting up of a physical fence. You may find it unsettling if your dog is not contained in a designated area.
However, wireless dog containment systems are reliable. This is because, unlike electronic dog collar, they are configurable. Not all dogs react in a similar way to the mild electric shock delivered by the dog collar.
There are various manufacturers of wireless dog fence who offer the best value for money as well as a dog training manual and installation program. However, the list below shows the best wireless dog fences.
In this day and age, for many pet owners, having a wireless dog fence is almost like having a child; just need the best for them. Now, the wireless dog fence is a huge asset not only in providing your pooch the freedom to roam free, but also ensuring his safety as well. With more people owning dogs, there are more accidents occurring due to these dogs running off, getting hit by cars or anything else. This article will provide you with some information on wireless dog fenced and why it is so important to have one.
One of the main reasons why a wireless dog fence is so important is that they are much more effective than an in-ground boundary. One thing about an in-ground boundary is that it has to be dug completely out from the ground in order to ensure that your dog cannot get out. On the other hand with a wireless fence, once you establish the perimeter, you simply have to place the magnetic collar on your dog and attach it to the boundary wire. As long as the magnetic collar is attached, it will keep the dog within its perimeter and ensure that he cannot escape.
Once you have decided which type would be best for you and your pet, you must then determine how much you will pay for it. There are actually several factors that play a role in determining how much you will spend. You must first check current price of the dog collar that you intend to buy and make sure that it fits you pet properly. You must also check current price of different models in the market and compare them to establish which ones offer the same features at a lower price. The other thing that you must also check on are the features of the wireless dog fenced to see if there are any that offer any extra comfort for your dog. Lastly, check on whether or not you can install it on your own and if there are any extra costs that come with doing so.
[TOP 5] Best Wireless Dog Fence Reviews
1. PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System, Covers up to 1/2 Acre, for Dogs over 8 lb, Waterproof Receiver with Tone / Static Correction – From The Parent Company of INVISIBLE FENCE Brand
Protect your yard and pets from harm with the innovative PetSafe Wireless Fence. This wireless containment system allows you to create a secure barrier around your perimeter without having to bury wires. With no need for installation, this handy product can keep small dogs or cats in designated areas by setting up the boundary anywhere in your yard, no matter what surface—grass, pavement, concrete. The device even lets you customize the shape of your area and comes with two adjustable wire stakes to help automatically set it up in optimal locations. Best of all: You don’t have to worry about cords interfering with other activities like gardening or washing floors thanks to its nonelectrical look!
The PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System is a great way to make sure your dog or cat stays in one area. This wireless system sends radio signals 5-15 feet away from the transmitter, so it’s suitable for any size yard and dogs who just love exploring.
Transform your nightly peace of mind with this wireless pet fence. With the Wireless Pet Containment System, you don’t have to bury wires like other systems! The system sends out low radio waves that go under fences and around corners to create a secure barrier. Once activated, the continuous 120-decibel alarm will sound if your pet crosses the line or tampers with any household pets outside of it.
It comes with a complete setup that includes everything you’ll need, including an adjustable boundary collar as well as 1 lithium metal battery. Your pet may occasionally test their boundaries by sitting on the “wrong” side of the barrier; just use your remote to strengthen the signal and diffuse those impulse urges!
- This transmitter is used to cover up to 1/2 acre.
- A wireless boundary is a secure barrier that can be set up in your yard without the time or hassle of burying wires.
- The Wireless Fence allows you to create a secure barrier around your yard without having to bury wires
- This wireless fence is different from traditional in-ground fences because it doesn’t need to be buried.
- This wireless fence is great for pet parents because it’s easy to set up and not difficult to maintain.
- The PetSafe waterproof collar is a comfortable, adjustable fit that will last up to 2 months.
- This waterproof collar is for large dogs and adjusts to fit necks between 6-28 inches.
- Personalize your dog’s collar settings to teach them how to stay in the secure play area with a sound-only training mode and 5 levels of static.
- The dog’s collar settings can be personalized with a training mode and levels of static.
- The collar has an adjustable range of ½ acre.
- It can be used with up to 2 dogs simultaneously as long as they have collars that are at least 20% apart in size.
- Its battery life lasts 2 months on average!
- This system has waterproof and lightweight design perfect for any outdoor activity.
- With 3 different levels of static correction plus 5 progressive tones for training we’re sure you’ll find the perfect fit for your pooch!
- This receiver is not the most durable.
- It’s a little bit difficult to master because it has some sharp edges that can be dangerous if you’re not careful with them.
2. PetSafe Wireless Fence (PIF-300) with Extra Battery Pack
The PetSafe Wireless Fence is the safest, simplest pet containment system available! Easily install your transmitter and custom area size in as little as 20 minutes. The wireless receivers are economical, lightweight, and completely reliable on any terrain—even through yards or woods! All of this combined with our exclusive features make the PetSafe Wireless Fence your best choice for a wireless fence.
Ever come back to a home with an empty feeling that you can’t identify? You turn your head, and see it: dog poop smeared all over the kitchen floor. Huh…wait …maybe this is why there’s always a lonely feeling inside our pet-friendly homes. Take the weight off of your shoulder and get the PetSafe Wireless Fence (PIF-300) with Extra Battery Pack to fix both issues.
With a range up to 1/2 acre, it covers an expansive area around your home for flexible placement while still providing protection for all pets. The transmitter emits a 17.5 kHz radio signal that surrounds your property through invisible boundaries- Animals start feeling uncomfortable when they come close but can’t see where the boundary is! All without fussing with expensive or unsightly hardware attached to fences or buried in the ground. It even includes two product-specific lithium Batteries so that pet parents don’t have to worry about running out of juice during emergency situations!
- A PIF-300 system has been completed with two extra batteries.
- The pesticide covers a circular area of up to 180 feet in diameter.
- The device is wireless and portable.
- This device can scan a wide range of area including terrain and metal objects.
- This device has a tone-only mode for correction when out of range.
- The device can detect metal objects and work within the range of an area up to 1/2 acre.
- The Static or Tone Pet Fences allows you to choose between static correction and tone (audible) correction.
- It features 5 levels of static corrections that will help with your training.
- As well as an adjustable waterproof collar from 6-28 inches in diameter for the perfect fit on any pet.
- The system has unlimited pets and there is no digging required!
- This is a pet fence that does not need to be dug into the ground.
- This is a popular model because it has less problems than other models, but there are still some that seem unavoidable.
3. Extreme Dog Fence – Second Generation -2020- Standard Grade (Essential) Kit Packages
If you are dealing with an Agility Dog, a Terrier or any other type of dog that has high energy levels and loves to run amuck- this may be the solution. The Second Generation -2020- Standard Grade (Essential) Kit Pack by Extreme Dog Fence Company is perfect for those types of pooches who can’t seem to hold themselves back on their own property. This product includes digital transmitter, one set of contacts probes long and short comfort covers, 500′ of wire plus clips and flags; it’s all laid out for you in easy to find boxes inside. But you need a waterproof collar receiver for your furry friend first. Luckily we have those in stock at our store too!
Have you been considering getting an Extreme Dog Fence? With our 2020 safe and compact kits, you could be well on your way to being a pet owner that wants the best for their fur baby. Our boundary wire is 20 gauge; it’s strong enough that there’s no need to worry about the wiring breaking while your pet crosses over – BUT we also make sure to give dogs plenty of room as they try new things! You’ll always get a 5-10 foot range from our collars giving you ample time before they enter restricted areas. Buying with us means not having to stress out over installation either; all of our packages come equipped with everything you need for easy, quick installation.
This award-winning fence is a hybrid of wireless and wired fencing. You get the best of both worlds: flexibility, physical containment and speed without running into any dead zones. All our kits include everything you need to do the job right. So go ahead–start your dog’s new happy life today!
- This fence is compatible with new collar options.
- The eXtreme Dog Fence is completely waterproof and submersible, so your dog can swim with the collar on.
- This product includes 20 gauge boundary wire, a transmitter for the collar receiver(s), Splice kits and training flags.
- This dog fence company offers a warranty, five years when you register your device.
- This company specializes in electric fences for dogs that are proudly made in the United States.
- The transmitter of your eXtreme Dog Fence is the brain that helps set signal, correction level, and interference with AM radio frequencies. This nd can be mounted indoors to avoid moisture.
- This dog fence system allows you to build a customized enclosure for your pet.
- This dog fence system has a 20 gauge boundary wire.
- The boundary fence’s wire is strong enough to protect an area up to 6 acres.
- The boundary wire is a high tensile, submersible material and waterproof.
- This is a fence that can be customized and has an automatic power protector.
- This is a fence that can be submerged in water and has good battery life.
- This dog fence does not seem to have any negative aspects.
4. PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence for Stubborn Dogs from the Parent Company of Invisible Fence Brand – Above Ground Electric Pet Fence with Waterproof and Rechargeable Training Collar
Stay and Play Wireless Fence is designed for stubborn dogs who need a little extra protection. The transmitter has a power adaptor, which means that there will be no cables obstructing your property, or climbing up the sides of your house! All you need to do is place it where you want it, push a button on the remote control and sync it with the collar. It really couldn’t be any easier than that – guaranteed. Stay & Play also comes equipped with extras such as waterproof adjustable collars, chargers for both collar and remote control, test light tool for localization of wire breaks under ground terrain (ideal if you share your yard), contact point wrench in case points get lost during installation or just playtime afterwards!
Stay and Play Wireless Fence is an affordable alternative for safety-conscious pet parents who want their dogs free from expensive grooming bills. Setup only requires plugging in the transmitter so you can exercise your dog while they’re still contained inside the designated area! Just remember that although this collar claims to be waterproof it’s not meant for heavy duty swimming activities!
The adjustable collar adjusts up to 28 inches in circumference for both short-haired pets or long-haired pets who’ve got plenty of tail to tuck away in their collars.
The transmitter also includes power adaptor, test light tool, short contact points and long contact points to suit your pet’s needs. Mounting brackets come with hardware so you can set it up just right from either wall or ceiling mounts.
- The wireless system can cover up to 3/4 acre of land, and is a safe and easy way to keep pets in their own yard.
- A wireless boundary system can be used to protect your pets without having to bury wires.
- This is a dog trainer that has tone-only mode and 5 different levels of static correction.
- This product is a wireless fence that allows your dog to return home without any trouble.
- This product is a rechargeable collar that fits dogs of any size and has adjustable lengths.
- The Stubborn dog stay and play collar is a wireless fence that can be used for pets who are up to 5 pounds.
- This portable fence can be taken anywhere, which is useful for travel.
- This is a portable electric fence.
- This is a product that does not need wire to be buried.
- Can cover 3/4 of an acre.
- The boundary lines are inconsistent.
5. PetSafe Basic In-Ground Dog and Cat Fence – from the Parent Company of INVISIBLE FENCE Brand – Underground Electric Pet Fence System with Waterproof and Battery-Operated Training Collar
A wireless, under-the-ground dog and cat fence made by PetSafe is easy to install, effective at containing pets while protecting them from scratches and paw damage. The barrier is customizable for your pet’s comfort level. You can increase or decrease the signal sensitivity degree in order to train your animal appropriately.
With 6 feet of wire included, you can create a loop that will extend over any type of terrain with ease. This includes rugged hillsides to heavily wooded areas, using just one transmitter. It is both easy to install and simple to maintain because the buried wire can be difficult for pets to detect once in place so they do not have the opportunity to get too close or dig under it. There are also no electrodes, which means less maintenance time waiting for your charge pack while ensuring safety at all times.
The product also includes a system that allows you to check how much battery life is left in on the collar of high-tech rainproof collar before installing it underground around your property line. Smart technology notifies you if there are unscheduled power outages when using underground wiring systems; after installation, it will simply stop working should this occur so that no further harm comes to your pets in case an electric fault arises.
- A wire fence can be used to make a 1/3 acre play area for your pet, and you can buy more to fence up to 5 acres.
- This electronic dog fence has 4 levels of static correction and a tone-only mode to help keep your pet safe.
- This collar is a do-it-yourself project that lets you create a fence for your yard.
- This collar is waterproof and comfortable for dogs 8 pounds or larger, with a collar size that adjusts from 6 to 26 inches.
- Purchase enough collars for all of your pets so they can safely play in the yard.
- The PetSafe In-Ground Fences will work with any of their receiver collars, as long as the collar is compatible.
- Wired fences are more stable than radio-signal based systems, and can be customized as needed.
- Renting a fence trencher will make installing the underground wires easier.
Buying Guide – How To Choose The Best Wireless Dog Fence?
How To Choose The Best Wireless Dog Fence? This is one question I am asked all the time from people who are thinking about getting a wireless fence for their dog. The biggest reason is because they do not understand how to choose the best wireless dog fence. A dog fence, wireless or wired, has two ends, one that runs alongside your property line and another that are mounted to the top of your home. So what do you need to consider when deciding which one is best for you?
How To Choose The Best Wireless Dog Fence? As mentioned earlier, there are many considerations you need to take into account when you are deciding on the best wireless fence for your pet. Some of these things to consider are: distance – how far is enough for your dog to be able to roam around; power – does the device need electricity or can it be solar powered; the materials used in its construction – does it need wires and if so, which ones are its favorite; and the cost – how much does the dog fence cost? The last point is probably the most important one, as you don’t want to get a fence that is too expensive and not worth the money you spend on it. Make sure that you ask yourself all these questions before you buy your dog fence.
The first consideration when choosing a wireless dog fence is how far is long enough for your dog to be able to roam around freely. There are two types of wireless dog fence – underground and above ground. If you are going to install an underground fence, then it is obvious that you will need to check the foundation of your house. And if you want an above ground fence, you have to take some careful measurements of where the fence will go and ensure that it will actually fit in your yard. If you are not sure, then ask a professional about this.
One of the many advantages of using an underground cable or buried wire system is that it offers high levels of security. Most of the underground systems are wireless and so provide almost complete security. But an underground fence still needs maintenance on a regular basis. In case there are problems with the fence, you will need to dig a hole or trench around it and add a collar and leash to your dog.
How easy is it to install the wireless fence? It depends on whether you are installing an underground cable fence or an above ground system. Usually the installation is quite simple and takes just a few hours. But when it comes to installing an underground wireless fence, you will need to hire a professional fence company who has experience in this kind of work.
Another important question you will need to ask yourself is what exactly you want your wireless dog fence to do. There are fences that are more strictly designed to prevent certain kinds of dogs from getting close to your pet. In this case you would need to get your dog aier and thus more expensive breed of dog. In this case, an underground wire system would be ideal and will be able to prevent your dog from digging under or jumping over the fence.
You will also need to decide whether you want an electric or manual dog fence. In most cases, an electric fence works better than the former but both types can be effective. Electric wires are also more costly than manual wires and they are not always as secure. If your dog gets his wire cut by another dog, he can chew on it and this can be dangerous for him.
Finally, you will have to consider your neighbors’ view on whether a wireless dog fence is right for them. It is no secret that not everyone likes dogs that wander out on their lawn. So if you live in a rural area where neighbors have good relationship with each other, you should go ahead and use a wireless system.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Will The Wireless Dog Fence Hurt My Dog?
The wireless dog fence has become the most popular dog fence for those who want to protect their dogs and keep them off of the street. I understand how you feel because I have had my pet dogs on the street and as much as I love them, I think that they need to be protected too. I am also a big proponent of the no-pull collar which is another option available on the market today. With the collar on your dog, you can pull them over when they get out of line but if they are running, you cannot pull them over without pulling your dog over. There is no telling how long you are going to be able to keep your dog on the leash without pulling them over. The wireless fence is best for those who do not want to have their dog on a leash all day long.
There are two different types of wire fences available on the market, underground and wireless. The wireless fence works by radio frequencies. This means that each radio transmitter is placed at a specific location and it can only be used by the dogs that are within the range of the transmitter. You can use any number of transmitter’s within the range and depending on how many dogs you have, you can establish a limit as to how close your dog can get to the wire. When the radio signal reaches the dog, it will trigger a visual alarm which means that they get to come back to you or if they are too far, they will cross the wire into the yard.
The underground wire fence is a little different than the wireless fence because it is composed of underground steel wires. Each wire is buried about six inches deep. If you have a smaller dog, they will not be able to get too close to the fence and it will be hard for them to go under. You will be able to keep them close to the boundary because they cannot run across it.
2. Can Wireless Dog Fences Be Used With Toy Breeds?
Many people are under the impression that if a dog has a radio collar then it can only be used with certain dog breeds. In fact, this is not true because a dog fence can actually be used with just about any type of dog breed. This is important to note because there are many people who believe that dogs are only used for the purpose of hunting or as guard dogs. However, you can use a dog fence to your advantage to make sure that your dog or dogs are safe even outside of the home.
When a person is looking for a way to keep their dog out of other areas of their yard, they often use radio fences which will prevent other dogs from being able to enter the yard. However, you can use a dog fence to keep your dogs inside the boundaries of your property and on your property where they belong. This is important to note because some people believe that the breed of a dog determines the size and strength that they have which is not always the case.
Some dog breeds are known for being more aggressive than others, which means that they might actually be more likely to attack or get injured by other dogs while on the property. This makes it important for you to take the time to check out all of your available options for a dog fence to make sure that you are choosing the best option for keeping your dog safe. You should also consider the personality of your dog when you are considering the type of fence that you are going to install. In fact, you might even consider taking your dog along with you so that you can test them out first and find out what type of fence they respond to the best. This is important because you want to make sure that your dog will feel comfortable around the various types of fences that you have available for them.
3. How To Install A Wireless Dog Fence?
How To Install A Wireless Dog Fence? When I looked at the options for fencing for my dogs, I really just wanted something that would keep them safe from the four legged bad boys, but I didn’t want anything that looked like a set of electric bikers. So I started looking around and I found that there were a lot of options out there, and they were all pretty standard, so I knew that if I wanted something unique, I had to research some more. In the end, it turned out that I didn’t have to look very far, because I found that I could put up my very own wireless dog fence right on my front lawn! Now that’s not what you’re looking for, but I’m sure if you were, you’d find something better.
How To Install A Wireless Dog Fence? Once I had a solution for that little problem, I started looking for more information on how to install a wireless dog fence. I knew that if I was going to get one of these, I was going to want to be able to install it myself, so I went ahead and ordered one online. The package came with everything I needed to complete my project, and it was actually easier than I thought it would be. The instructions that were included were easy to understand, and they even included the tools that I needed.
How To Install A Wireless Dog Fence? One of the most important parts of getting your new wireless fence is knowing exactly where you are going to put it. Because some of them run along the boundary line between your yard and your house, you need to make sure that you don’t put it within 200 feet of any other structure or fence. Then again, if you don’t have any fences at all, you might put it as close to the dog as possible, because it will still protect them from wandering too far away. Knowing how to install a wireless dog fence, then, simply requires reading the directions carefully and making sure that you follow the steps correctly.
4. How Does An Wireless Dog Fence Work?
Most people have heard of a wireless dog fence, but not the basics of how they work. A wireless dog fence works on the same general principle as a wired one, in that you put wires down to make the perimeter of your yard or your dog area, and you attach a collar to each one. The collar is equipped with a transmitter that broadcasts frequencies into the yard or dog area, so that every animal in the area of the fence will hear it.
In the case of a wireless fence, the transmitter and receiver, which are the parts of the entire system, are placed at varying distances from each other. You place a transmitter at the very closest point to where you want to set up the fence, and then you place a receiver close enough to the fence so that the radio waves coming off the transmitter can be received by the receiver, which is usually within a few feet of the transmitter. The radio waves that are transmitted by the transmitter are waves of particular frequencies, which are picked up by the receiver and the radio waves which are picked up by the receiver are again put back out into the space in which they were sent. The whole process repeats itself over again, and the fence is made to ‘remember’ where it was sent to.
Because it is made from very thin wires, the wireless dog fence can be installed virtually anywhere you like. Even on your roof, where there is no overhead wire to worry about. It is also virtually impossible for an animal to chew a wire down to the ground, because it is very thin. You can install the wire fence in just a few hours and can leave it up almost all day without anyone even being aware of it. That’s why most people get this type of fence installed, for the protection of their family, and the safety of their dogs.
5. Where Can You Get A Wireless Dog Fence?
Where can you find a wireless dog fence? The Internet is filled with information about these fantastic fences. In fact, the Internet is by far one of the best places to look for information on these items. You can read everything from how-to articles to reviews on the different wireless dog fence products available.
If you are on a tight budget, there is no need to worry because there are many ways to save money on a wireless dog fence. For example, some companies offer free shipping if you spend a certain amount of money on their website. Sometimes these companies will give you a coupon that you can use on their website or at the local hardware store when purchasing a dog fence. You can also save quite a bit of money by taking advantage of sale and clearance items at local retailers and on the Internet.
Where can you get a wireless dog fence? These wonderful fences can be installed anywhere in your yard and they can provide protection to your pets as well as beautifying your yard. If you have decided to invest in a wireless fence for your dogs, make sure you take the time to research and purchase the right unit for your family’s needs. You will not regret it!
» Check More Top Rated & Related Product Reviews
|» Best Garment Steamers|
|» Best Cocktail Shaker Set|
|» Safety Razor Stand Reviews|
|» Magnetic Screen Door Reviews|
|» Tankless Water Heaters Reviews|