7 Best Tents For Rain Reviews, Tips & Guides
- 1 7 Best Tents For Rain Reviews, Tips & Guides
- 2 Top 7 Best tents for rain
- 3 Conclusion
Outdoor tent camping is a fun and relaxing activity which people of all ages can enjoy. Yet when you set up the tent in the wilderness, you have to take weather element into account. Among them, nothing is as annoying as a heavy downpour that dampens your tent and leads to potential leakage on its roof. It’s impossible to precisely predict how the weather turns out so the most logical thing to do is to obtain the best tents for rain. In the case you happen to be in need of such a product then this article is for you.
You may think that a waterproof tent is all you need for wet weather camping and alike. But to make a purchase based on that feature alone is not exactly a good idea. In order to achieve a comfortable trip in the outdoor environment, your tent must have other necessary qualities as well. From interior space to storage option, you need to make sure the product you about to get is suitable to your preferences. Right below is a list of popular tents for rain on the market along with their characteristics. Check them out and see if you like anything.
See more related article: The Best Camping Tents You Can Stand Up In
Top 7 Best tents for rain
1. Coleman WeatherMaster 6-Person Tent with Screen Room
- Spacious 6-person tent has enough room for 2 queen-size airbeds
- Separate floorless screen room offers bug-free lounging
- Item Dimension: 10 x 10 x 41 In
- Size: 204″L x 108″W x 80″H
- Weight: 32 Lbs
- Capacity: 6
Coleman is a well-known brand when it comes to camping supplies and WeatherMaster is one of its excellent products. The generous interior space allows the tent to accommodate six campers at the same time without much difficulty. If required, the tent is capable of being fitted with two queen size air beds to enhance its user’s comfort. Thanks to the screen room, now you don’t have to worry about bug interferences while camping in the outdoors. The electric cable port presence is quite helpful if you wish to use electric appliances inside the tent.
As a quality product, the WeatherMaster is good at dealing with rainy weather and strong wind. With the help of modern floor welding technology and inverted seams, the tent holds up rather well in a downpour. The tent’s doors and windows are angled in a manner which increases ventilation while keeping rain waters out. In addition to that, the tent is well covered with a layer of rainfly as extra protection against the weather. Utilizing tough polyester material, the fabric of WeatherMaster will last for years before a replacement is needed.
- High capacity
- Sturdy built
- Easy to set up and put down
- Nice price
- Inconsistent quality
- People complain about receiving damaged products
- Zipper operation could use some improvement
2. Alps Mountaineering Lynx Tent
- There's no assembly frustration with our Lynx Tent series; this free-standing, aluminum two-pole design is a breeze to setup
- Polyester tent fly resists water and UV damage while adding two vestibules for extra storage space
- Item Dimension: 5.9 x 6.5 x 23.9 In
- Size:7’6″ x 8’6″ x 4’4”
- Weight: 8 Lbs 10 Oz
- Capacity: 4
As a half mesh design, the Mountaineering Lynx of Alps got great ventilation and lightweight. Its free-standing aluminum poles are very robust so the tent is stable at any given times. The tent construction is quite straightforward, you can assemble everything together in a blink of an eye. Capable of supporting four campers, the tent is a good choice for shelter in the average case. There are two doors on each side of the tent that allow the users to access or leave the tent conveniently.
With the sealed fly and floor seams, the Mountaineering Lynx is a weatherproof tent that prevents outside elements from affecting its occupants. The vestibules let you store your items and provide additional weather protection. About the fabric, the tent use 75D poly Taffeta on the floor with a thick layer of coating to insulate yours from the ground. The tent fly also employs 75D with a UV ray resistant coating and allow it to stay intact for a long time. Finally, the fly buckle permits the user to perform adjustment to better suit the current situation.
- Efficient airflow design
- Not really suitable for tall people
- No window cover
- The rainfly might get caught in the zipper
3. Coleman Sundome 2-Person Tent
- Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; Included rainfly offers extra weather protection
- Wind and rain tested: Strong frame withstands 35+ mph winds
- Item Dimension: 47.24 x 59.06 x 82.68 In
- Size: 7 x 5 Ft
- Weight: 7 Lbs
- Capacity: 2
Another great tent from Coleman, Sundome is a light and compact product for short – period, small – party camping trips. Its capacity not as good as the WeatherMaster but the tent dimension makes it easier to handle. The sizable door in the front permits convenient entry and exit for the occupants. While the profile of the tent is indeed limited, two adult campers can occupy the tent without feeling cramped. Due to the effective ground vent, the tent interior atmosphere is always kept at a bearable level. It got mesh pockets to organize your items too.
The Coleman Sundome uses innovative techniques to keep its users completely dry during heavy rains. Because the door is made from polyethylene, it’s endurance in extreme weathers is respectable. The tent corners and seams are done with strict requirements to prevent water from infiltrating the interior. With its hooded rainfly, you can even open the tent windows and leave them there in a downpour without getting wet. Because of the dependable frame, strong winds up to 35 Mph and more won’t trouble the tent too much.
- Simple manuals
- Low capacity
- Inadequate for extended uses
- Components quality is barely acceptable
4. Kamp-Rite Oversize Tent Cot
- Crafted from the highest quality material
- Perfect for outdoor and even indoor use
- Item Dimension: 6.8 x 34.2 x 37 In
- Weight: 24 Lbs
- Capacity: 1
If you want a waterproof tent that keeps you off the ground, you cannot go wrong with the Kamp-Rite Oversize Tent Cot. It’s an elevated tent so you don’t have to worry about water getting in from the below. The tent only uses top of the line material to ensure customer satisfaction. One interesting feature of the tent is its versatile hinge design that let you transform it into a classic lounge chair for clear weather uses. The heavy-duty aluminum frame is very strong which ensure a high level of stability for the tent at all times.
Kamp-Rite Oversize Tent Cot makes use of high strength 190T Nylon in its fabric so rainwater will never get through. The included waterproof rain fly perform very well at its intended task and simple to deploy. You can set up, put down and transform the tent as you see fit in mere minutes. The tent weight rating of 350 Lbs means almost everyone can use it without any problem. Come with the tent is a convenient carry bag that you can store the tent in and transport it around relatively easy.
- Easy to handle
- Reasonable price
- Mostly good for one person
- Some customer complain about condensation on the rainfly and missing parts
- Insufficient in extreme weathers
5. MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2 Person Tent
- 3-season, 2-person backpacking tent that offers the most livable accommodations in a lightweight freestanding design
- Pole geometry maximizes space with 29 sq. feet of floor area, interior peak height of 39 inches, plus 17. 5 sq. feet of vestibule area
- Size: 39 x 50 x 84 In
- Weight: 3.8 Lbs
- Capacity: 2
A product for ultralight camper, the Hubba Hubba NX 2 is among the lightest tent in the category. At a mere 3 Lbs, you can carry the tent on extended camping trips without having any problems. While its appearance may look unimpressive, the use of high-tenacity nylon makes the tent fabric quite strong. The tent rainfly is fully adjustable so you can achieve the highest level of weather protection at every imaginable situation. With the built-in rain gutters at the tent’s doors, you will have a comfortable using the tent on rainy days.
- Extremely light
- Effective rainfly design
- Nice customer service
- Only have room for 2 people
- A bit expensive
- Condensation may occur
6. North Face Triarch 3 Waterproof Tent
- Size: 15.75 x 19.69 x 23.62 in
- Weight: 7.4 Lbs
- Capacity: 3
Got a variety of fly configurations and mesh color, the North Face Triarch 3 is a practical product anyone could put to good use. The tough ripstop nylon of the tent fabric ensures that the tent shall perform rather well in the outdoor environment. Couple with vaulted head and foot box, the tent has plenty of spaces for two campers. There are lots of tabs around for you to hang lambs, gear lots, lines, etc. The floor is 75D Taffeta with PU coating combine with a water-resistant finish so you can simply lie back completely worry-free.
- Strong and reliable
- Well ventilated
- Generous space
7. Exped Mira II HL
- ULTRALIGHT SHELTER - The Mira II HL's spacious build, weather-tight construction, packed weight of 3.2 lbs., and packed size of 16.6 x 4.7 in. make it the go-to choice for any excursion, rain or shine; Fits two Exped LW mats
- OUTLAST THE ELEMENTS - The internal frame design creates a sturdier, roomier shelter that holds up to the tests of wind, rain, and snow; Rain fly is factory seam-taped and PFC free; Materials are flame retardant free for environmental friendliness
- Size: 7 x 8 x 19 In
- Weight: 3.5 – 5.96 Lbs
- Capacity: 1 – 2
A nice combination of space and weight, Exped Mira II HL is an all-around tent which is highly appreciated by customers. It’s a double wall product with mesh and detachable rainfly to match a wide range of weather state. The rainfly use 30D PU coated nylon while the floor use 70D PU coated nylon so it’s 100% waterproof. While it’s not able to endure cold temperature, Exped Mira II HL can be used to good effect in rain or wet weather camping.
- Quite light
- Long warranty
- Only suitable for 3 season camping
And those are the candidates for the best tents for rain, anything catches your attention? With the help of the information above, now you can have a good idea of what is the most suitable product for you. As long as you have a firm grasp on the available options, you can create a logical comparison and make an informed purchase.