6 Best Tent Heater For Winter Camping Reviews, Tips & Guides
- 1 6 Best Tent Heater For Winter Camping Reviews, Tips & Guides
- 1.1 Top 6 Best Tent Heater For Winter Camping in 2021:
- 1.1.1 Mr. Heater F215100 MH4B Little Buddy
- 1.1.2 Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy Indoor-Safe Portable Radiant Heater
- 1.1.3 Camping Emergency Butane Heater Coherent Heat Source Survival Tools
- 1.1.4 Camco 57341 Olympian Wave-6 6000 BTU LP Gas Catalytic Heater
- 1.1.5 Mr. Heater MH18B, Portable Propane Heater
- 1.1.6 Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
- 1.2 Conclusion
- 1.1 Top 6 Best Tent Heater For Winter Camping in 2021:
Camping in the winter is a good idea for people that enjoy the peacefulness and beauty of the snow. But it’s not like you can just go out camping without any preparations. The most important thing to do is to ensure you are dry and warm at all times. Nothing can do that better than the tent heater. Want to look for the best tent heater on the market? Well, you are in luck since you can find the reviews of the top 6 popular ten heaters right below. Take a look at them and pick out what suit your need the most.
Top 6 Best Tent Heater For Winter Camping in 2021:
Mr. Heater F215100 MH4B Little Buddy
- Average rate: 4/5 from 702 reviews
- Dimensions: 11 x 11 x 11 inches
- Weight: 7 lbs
- Fuel: Detachable propane tank
- BTU: 3,800 BTU
- Indoor-safe portable propane heater for rooms up to 95 square feet. THIS UNIT IS NOT INTENDED FOR GOLF CART USE OR FOR MOTORIZED VEHICLES.
- Continuous odor-free, 45-degree heating angle. Maximum Elevation (Ft) 7000 Feet. Automatic low oxygen shut-off system (ODS). Perfect solution for heating small enclosed spaces like tents up to 95 square feet
Want something that can quickly heat a large space? Then this heater will be a good choice. This heater can pump out lots of heat in a short time. You may feel that it’s slightly on the bulky side. But don’t worry, you can still move it around with little trouble. The simple controls and automatic switch guarantee an easy and safe experience.
The disadvantage of this product is it goes through the gas pretty fast. The height and angle are fixed, so you can’t adjust it as you like. The starting process is a bit tricky and time – consuming in certain situations. The pilot light may also fail to lit sometimes.
Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy Indoor-Safe Portable Radiant Heater
- Average rate: 4.6/5 from 2,084 reviews
- Dimensions: 14.17 x 8.97 x 14.37 inches
- Weight: 9.5 lbs
- Fuel: Disposable gas cylinders
- BTU: Between 4,000 and 9,000 BTU
- 4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 225 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
- When operating the heater at altitudes over 7,000 FT above sea level the heater may shut off.
A portable heavy duty tent heater, this will serve you well if you want to heat a wide space. It offers most customers with satisfaction. It can be said to be a heavy product. Yet the compact construction still makes it easy to handle around. The advanced sensor system will ensure that the heater will be shut down when tipped over or detected a low – oxygen atmosphere
Besides the pros, this machine also has the cons. You have to replace the cylinder every 1,5 – 2 hours or so. This is very inconvenient if you intend to sleep with the heater on. You may also encounter a light odor when using the product. And this is not ideal to use in tight spaces, even in the lowest setting.
Camping Emergency Butane Heater Coherent Heat Source Survival Tools
- Average rate: 4.3/5 from 56 reviews
- Dimensions: 11.6 x 10.9 x 7.9 inches
- Weight: 9.5 lbs
- Fuel: Butane cartridge
- BTU: About 600 – 700 BTU
- Use standard butane gas cartidge for portability
- Ceramic burner
If mobility is your primary concern, then this is the best tent heater for you. Adjustable thermostat and enclosed butane cartridge case, you can bring this guy around wherever you go. It’s just enough to warm a small size space. You can travel with it in your backpack and barely know its presence.
Unfortunately, the butane cartridge may be hard to find and relatively expensive. And even when on the lowest setting, a full round only lasts around 3hr. You may feel it difficult to turn on in below – zero temperature.
Camco 57341 Olympian Wave-6 6000 BTU LP Gas Catalytic Heater
- Average rate: 4.3/5 from 357 reviews
- Dimensions: 4 x 12.8 x 18 inches
- Weight: 14 lbs
- Fuel: Low – pressure gas
- BTU: Between 3,200 – 6,600 BTU
A heater that can be used as a mounted or independent heater; this product is versatile and quiet. The rate can be adjusted simply by turning the knob. You may feel it’s quite bulky, but the heater is rather flat, so it won’t take up too much space. The safety valve will prevent any form of leakage from the radiator to the surroundings.
However, this product still got some defects. The fumes produced by the heater may give you a headache or dizzy. To adapt it to your use, you may have to spend more cash on parts. The heater requires dedicate cover when not in use, and that is going to cost more.
Mr. Heater MH18B, Portable Propane Heater
- Average rate: 4.7/5 from 1,429 reviews
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 18 x 11.4 inches
- Weight: 20 lbs
- Fuel: Propane bottle
- BTU: From as low as 4,000 up to 18,000 BTU
- 4,000- to 18,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 450 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
- When operating the heater at altitudes over 7,000 FT above sea level the heater may shut off. Maximum Hours Of Operation- 220.0
Manufactured with maximum efficiency, you can’t get a more robust portable tent heater than this. The control knob allows you to adjust the temperature as you see fit. It’s quite heavy and bulky. Yet a couple with a modular design, you can still handle it with ease. A smart sensor will stop the machine at the moment it detects a low oxygen level or when tipped over. With a near-maximum review of 4.7/5, the heater brings satisfaction to its users.
It did have a downside, such as a fast consumption of propane bottles. A bottle can only last around 2hr before a replacement is needed. The smell may also bring you some discomfort. In addition to the propane, you also need batteries for it to work.
Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
- Average rate: 4/5 from 12,866 reviews
- Dimensions: 7 x 6 x 9.2 inches
- Weight: 4 lbs
- Fuel: Electricity
This is the product for campers that prefer personalized comfort. It’s a mobile and compact design. It’s got 3 settings and run entirely on electricity so it’s fairly safe for prolong use. In case of overheating, the automatic shut off mechanism will promptly kick in. To put it short, it’s a very effective product in its price range. The electrical requirement is acceptable and you won’t be disappointed by the result.
On the downside, the heater does make quite some noise when in operation. The quality is also not consistent for all products. Some last for quite some time but others might end up melting or stuck tight in just a few weeks. The thermostat doesn’t have numbers on so you can’t know what the exact current temperature is.
And that is some information you may want to know when you want a tent heater. The above products while not completely perfect yet they are still going to do the job. If you intend to pack up for a winter camping trip then you must have a good tent heater. Read through this article carefully and you can pick out the best tent heater for your time by the snowy land.