20 Best Longboard Brands Reviews, Tips & Guides
- 1 20 Best Longboard Brands Reviews, Tips & Guides
- 2 Here Are The Best Longboard Brands:
- 3 20 Best Longboard Brands – Reviews
- 3.1 1. VOLADOR 42inch Freeride Longboard – Best Overall
- 3.2 2. Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch)
- 3.3 3. Playshion Drop Through Freestyle Longboard
- 3.4 4. Junli 41 Inch Freeride Skateboard Longboard
- 3.5 5. MBS All-Terrain Longboard
- 3.6 6. Magneto 44 inch Kicktail Cruiser Longboard- Best Overall
- 3.7 7. Quest super cruiser artisan Bamboo
- 3.8 8. MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard
- 3.9 9. Sector 9 Meridian Complete Longboard
- 3.10 10. Landshark Island Style Longboard
- 3.11 11. Atom Longboards Atom All-Terrain Longboard – 39″, Woody
- 3.12 12. Atom Drop Through – 41 Inch Longboard
- 3.13 13. Atom Pin-Tail Longboard (39-Inch) Longboard
- 3.14 14. Sector 9 Bamboo G-Land 9.75×44 Longboard
- 3.15 15. SCSK8 Natural Blank & Stained Assembled Longboard
- 3.16 16. Loaded Boards Icarus Bamboo Longboard
- 3.17 17. Loaded Boards Tan Tien Bamboo Longboard
- 3.18 18. Loaded Boards Tesseract Bamboo Longboard
- 3.19 19. Loaded Boards Dervish Sama Bamboo Longboard
- 3.20 20. Landyachtz 2019 Switch 40 Longboard
- 4 How to Choose The Best Longboard Brands?
- 5 Types of Longboards
- 6 Closing Thoughts
Seeking for how to get the Best Longboard Brands in 2021? If yes, you should read our analysis before making your final choice!
Novice longboarders usually have a tough time when it comes to selecting a board that suits their requirement. Different types of boards are available for different types of riding styles. A freestyle board may not be appropriate for downhill longboarding and vice-versa. While looking for a longboard, the most important aspect is safety, which should not be compromised at any cost. A longboard via a good and reputed brand ensures the safety of the board and carries the legacy of the brand or the best longboard brand reviews. Thus, always go for a board whose brand name you can trust and relate to. Longboards are available for both novices and professionals. They come in different shapes, styles and each longboard has some different features, to suit your riding styles and abilities.
A lot of top longboard brands have made their mark in the longboard industry. Take a look at a few of the best longboard brands available on Amazon.
If you are looking for the best skateboards for girls reviews, you should leverage this link to understand in a better way.
Here Are The Best Longboard Brands:
- Best Overall: Retrospec Longboard
- Best Freestyle: VOLADOR Longboard
- Best Surfing: Quest Super Longboard
- Best Easy to Ride: Playshion Longboard
- Best Budget: Yocaher Longboard
- Best to Ride: Ten Toes Longboard
- Best Drop Down: Yocaher Longboard
- Best for 13-year-old: Sector 9 Longboard
- Best for Girl: SCSK8 Natural Longboard
- Best to Surf: Santa Cruz Longboard
- Atom Pintail Beginner Longboard
- Atom Drop Through Longboard
- MINORITY Maple Drop Longboard
- Loaded Longboard
- Atom Beginner Longboard
- JUCKER HAWAII Beginner Longboard
- White Wave Bamboo Longboard
- MBS All-Terrain Longboard
- Rimble Drop-Through Longboard
- White Wave Bamboo Longboard
20 Best Longboard Brands – Reviews
1. VOLADOR 42inch Freeride Longboard – Best Overall
VOLADOR 42INCH FREERIDE LONGBOARD will certainly please you if you are searching for the best freeride longboards. The longboard is a perfect choice for those whose weight is as heavy as 200 lbs. Even if you are heavier than that, the durable deck of this longboard ensures you are well supported.
With its flex features and shock absorbers, the longboard can give skaters a smooth and pleasant ride. Coming with a concave deck, the product gives superb flexibility, shocking absorbency, and optimal strength. Moreover, the materials are eco-friendly and healthy in the long term. The longboard is produced with the aim of minimizing negative effects. As a result, the board is made of sustainable woods and bound by methanol-free epoxy glue.
The product comes in a special symmetrical design, which can avoid wheel bite regardless of angles, hence maneuverability of the board and good control. Designed by many people from many cultures, the graphics of the product are varied. The bottom graphic has optimal durability, meaning it will never fade away.
The wheels of the product are ABEC-9 precision bearings, allowing you to have a superb smooth ride. Finally, not only does it have high-quality materials, it also has top-notch customer service section that is available round-the-lock.
- Perfect choice for heavy skaters thanks to its strong deck, top-notch wheels, excellent bearings and firm grip tape
- Able to bear harsh abusing with negligible wears
- Beautiful and vibrant graphics
- Broad deck to mount motor and electronics
- Excellent grip
- Symmetrical design
- Good price
- Carve easily
- Enables users to make sharp turns
- Offers smooth ride on varied terrains
- Perfect for commuting, cruising and carving.
- The trucks might need to tighten up prior to starting riding for the initial time.
2. Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch)
Having a unique design – unique perimeter shape gives 9.6-inches of leverage into every turn, while also eliminating wheel bite, the Atom Drop-Deck Longboard does not give you optimal stability but is also produced for many purposes, especially the downhill movements. The product comes with a special maple deck which is fully laminated while its reverse kingpin longboard trucks are 245-millimeter axles.
The board is perfect for Ultra-low-riding longboard ensures maximum stability, making it ideal for downhill carving. In addition, the longboard comes with a one-year warranty by the manufacturer thanks to its superb quality.
When it comes to downhill movements, the product provides skaters with top-notch speed and stability. Plus, its wheels have 70×51 wide-lip, making the riders feel very comfortable. Therefore, you can skate in any rough place ranging from streets to campus ground without feeling worried. Finally, the longboard comes in many designs with many attractive colors, so there are many options for you to choose.
- Suitable for riders of all heights
- Functional and versatile
- Highly durable 9-ply full maple wood deck
- Easy turning and maneuvering thanks to the 50-degree baseplate incorporated into its reverse kingpin trucks
- Grippy sharp-lip-shaped wheels
- Comfortable foot placing
- Adequate leverage for little to no wheel bites
- Affordably priced
- Not a good one for advanced tricks. Nevertheless, as a newbie, you must concentrate on learning & just attempt fundamental methods if you want.
3. Playshion Drop Through Freestyle Longboard
This Playshion longboard is definitely the ideal choice for beginners as well as the experienced ones, one of the best longboard brands. When it comes to the outer performance of the product, it looks far more attractive than the product shown on the screen. What is also worth noticing is that the longboard comes at a very reasonable price despite its superb appearance, coming with 8-ply hardwood maple that allows objects as heavy as 250 lbs, the product is thought to be heavy. However, it is only 8 lbs, quite lightweight for adult and little users.
The maple deck is very strong, durable, and hard to bear bumps and carves with negligible wears. In addition, the wheels of the product are SHR 78A Polyurethane with a size of 70mm which is ideal for beginners.
Generally, the longboard is a typical product for riding for fun, which means you can carve, curve, cruise, freeride and slide easily. Nevertheless, if you are over 250 lbs, you should look for bigger boards for better stability.
- Bears heavy weight up to 250 lbs
- Famous for versatility, strength but sufficient lightness for both kids and adults
- Comes with high-quality deck that is very durable and strong to bear a huge load
- Symmetrical design
- High-quality wheels
- The board cannot do tricks
4. Junli 41 Inch Freeride Skateboard Longboard
This 41 Inch Freeride Longboard Skateboard from Junli is highly recommended for riders of all ages, even for kids! It features a stunning design that can attract both your and your kids’ attention immediately.
In terms of durability, the PU wheels of this board are highly durable. When combined with its ABEC-11 high-speed bearings, the wheels can roll extra fast while retaining its traction. It can hold against heavyweights and pressure as well.
In addition, the cold press 8-ply maple incorporated in this board makes it even more sturdy, and its anti-slip brushed black surface also allows extra control of the board.
All in all, this versatile longboard is a great value for money. If you are looking for a longboard that can be used for freestyle riding, this is the one.
- Extra stability and control thanks to its responsive aluminum trucks and highly elastic PU support pad
- Readily assembled upon delivery
- Cold press 8-ply natural maple anti-slip wood deck
- Highly sturdy 70x51mm 80A PU wheels
- ABEC-11 high speed bearings
- Great for downhill rides
- Suited for riders of all ages
- Smooth riding experience guaranteed thanks to its shock absorbent ring
- All-in-on T-toll for easy disassembly
- No real cons
5. MBS All-Terrain Longboard
MBS All-Terrain Longboard is a great choice for both young and old riders, allowing even the most inexperienced one to cruise around easily and comfortably.
The all-terrain wheels the longboard features are no doubt its bestselling point.
In addition, its massive 100mm wheels also provide greater grip, making riding at high speed safe and fun. The 78A rated wheel durometer of this longboard also greatly enhances your control of the board.
In short, despite not being known to many, this longboard is a great product for beginners and experienced riders alike.
- Smooth riding experience facilitated by the great grip of its all-terrain wheels
- Easy wheel clearance, which is ideal for beginners
- Comfortable foot placing thanks to its drop-down deck
- Easy to control, making turning and pushing the board a piece of cake
- Fully assembled upon delivery
- Efficient wheel rolling
- Great value for money
- Slow acceleration due to its big wheel size
- Relatively heavy
6. Magneto 44 inch Kicktail Cruiser Longboard- Best Overall
This Magneto 44-inch Kicktail Cruiser is ideal for both seasoned newbie skaters as it is a great combination between function and safety.
Without a doubt, the beautifully designed bamboo deck is one of its most attractive selling points. Using this board, you can leisurely cruise around the town in style, either alone or with your gang.
In terms of versatility, this board can be used for whatever your heart desires, from cruising to freestyle dancing.
As for its materials and components, you can rest assured that you are paying for one of the best. It features a sand grit finish for extra grip, so you no longer have to add grip tape on your deck at the expense of its cool design. Its nicely soft wheels also increase its road holding, making it easier for you to turn and ride on any terrain.
All in all, with its smooth roll and flawless finish, this longboard is a great value for money that you should not overlook.
- Highly functional and versatile
- Sturdy aluminum trucks
- Smooth Urethane wheels
- Aesthetic bamboo deck
- Extra grip thanks to its sand grit finish
- Suitable for even beginners
- No real cons
7. Quest super cruiser artisan Bamboo
The Quest Super Cruiser is considered the highest standard a longboard can get to. Every little detail shows that the manufacturers really care for the product when they put it together. However, the product may be bulky and heavy to girls and children
The Quest Super Cruiser is considered the highest standard a longboard can get to. Every little detail shows that the manufacturers really care for the product when they put it together.
From the multi-ply maple wood to the 7’’ aluminum trucks and the 70mm PDU wheels, everything screams ‘high-quality’. The components are designed to support a huge amount of weight and to handle forces without breaking. The 44’’ long board checks all the boxes in performance, durability and even affordability. It is suitable for any users, especially for those who have just recently got into longboarding.
- Able to handle objects up to 250 lbs, Capable of supporting heavy weight
- Provide stability and balance. Comes with wheels that can absorb shock well
- Durable design, durable bearings and wheels, broad and solid deck
- High flexibility & Excellent bearings
- Fast & Ideal for cruising
- Reasonable price
- Top-notch, lightweight trucks
- The product may be bulky and heavy to girls and children
8. MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard
As the name implies, the MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard is made with the sole purpose of going downhills. The board has a unique design cue where the board is pointier. This structure helps you accelerate faster
Minority Longboard offers a maple wood deck option which is perfect for those seeking a downhill longboard. The product has a deck which is only 40” x 10”, allowing easier paddling. Remember that when you use a downhill longboard, the product has to give you less gravity but a great deal of control and stability.
The product can also accommodate you at different speed levels without losing balance. Plus, its dropping concave ensures that your feet are perfectly locked. In addition, since Minority Longboard comes with excellent reverse kingpin trucks, users can change the degrees (45-50 degrees) as they wish, meaning it is very easy to move the product.
- Equipped with durable and strong deck
- Perfect for a downhill longboard with the great combination of speed and stability
- Strong maneuverability and good balance
- Allows users to make small turning radius
- The deck might be a little wide for some skaters
- Might need to adjust and loosen the trucks a bit in order to turn
9. Sector 9 Meridian Complete Longboard
The Meridian Complete Longboard from Sector 9 is said to be the best board out there for cruising downhill. This is all thanks to its special design where the pointy deck is concaved and curvy. The form factor makes cruising downhill a pleasant experience.
With the 8-ply maple wood deck, the Meridian Complete Longboard can handle up to 274 pounds of weight, which is one of the highest weight limits that a longboard can accommodate. The board will surely withstand the test of time.
As for the dimension, the board is 40-by-10-inch, which leaves plenty of space for the legroom. Additionally, the trucks on the board are the Paris V2 180mm, which gives better control and weight distribution. The Meridian Complete Longboard takes advantage of a 50° RKP base plate and Bones Mini Logo Bearings. With this configuration, the turns and carving will be smoother.
Last but not least, the board also includes the grip tape on top of the deck for better feet grip.
The Meridian Complete Longboard only comes in 1 size and color, but the board does get the job done.
- Well-balanced and stable
- Robust design
- Slight tilt
- Good weight limit
- Comes with durable bearings
- Not real cons
10. Landshark Island Style Longboard
This LandShark Island Style Longboard is ideal for beginners or simply those who want to leisurely cruise around their town.
One of the best things about this longboard is that the fully grip-taped concave deck provides extra traction for your feet, which allows better control over the board during your ride. Its wide aluminum trucks are also great for balancing, as you can enjoy more foot placing space on the board.
In addition, acceleration is quick thanks to its 61mm PU wheels and Abec-7 carbon steel bearings. Pushing yourself forward is also easy with its deck cutouts that eliminate any wheel bites.
All in all, judging from its price, this longboard is a total bargain that new riders should not miss out on.
- Retro design
- Highly versatile for both cruising and daily commuting
- Sturdy 8-ply maple deck
- No wheel bites while turning thanks to its Deck Cutouts
- Lightweight yet durable 7-inch aluminum trucks
- Carbon steel bearings for smoother riding experience
- Highly affordable
- No real cons
11. Atom Longboards Atom All-Terrain Longboard – 39″, Woody
Having a unique design, the Atom All-Terrain Longboard does not give you optimal stability but is also produced for many purposes, especially the downhill movements. The product comes with a special sturdy maple-lam drop deck keeps your center of gravity low for pushing and off-roading
The board is perfect for low riding and provides the highest level of stability, hence downhill carving.
When it comes to downhill movements, the product provides skaters with top-notch speed and stability. Plus, its wheels have MBS 100mm x 65mm all-terrain wheels cast with 78a super-high-rebound urethane for a perfect blend of on-road speed and off-road traction. Therefore, you can skate in any rough place ranging from streets to campus ground without feeling worried. Finally the longboard comes in many designs with many attractive colors, so there are many options for you to choose.
- Extremely stable and comfortable
- Ideal for neighborhood cruising
- Comes with ABEC 9 bearings for a pleasant ride
- Eliminates wheel bites thanks to its special design
- Especially perfect for downhill and cruising
- Maneuver and control at ease
- Comes with the standard top mount trucks that allow curving faster
- The squeaking sound when the board is turned
- If you slide the board too much, there will be spots on the wheels
12. Atom Drop Through – 41 Inch Longboard
This 41-inch drop-through longboard from Atom is a perfect choice for carving downhill thanks to its excellent stability.
It is highly durable thanks to its full maple deck and reverses King Pin trucks. This means you can use it to cruise leisurely around your town without worrying about any wear and tear.
In addition, the board also features 80S grip tape for better traction. Its wide-lip 80mm urethane wheels and ABEC-9 bearings contribute greatly to its performance, too.
Furthermore, you no longer have to worry about wheel bites thanks to its one-of-a-kind perimeter shape for extra turning leverage. All in all, this is a great product, and not buying it would be a huge mistake.
- No wheel bites
- Stable and comfortable riding experience guaranteed
- Cool design
- Any side can be put forward
- Ideal board for cruising around
- Oil needed to prevent the trucks from squeaking
- Limited leverage and turning range due to the drop deck configuration
13. Atom Pin-Tail Longboard (39-Inch) Longboard
This drop-through longboard from Atom is another great choice.
Although it might be a bit more expensive than other products on this list, the board is surely a good value for money with its ultra-low-riding structure that offers great stability.
Anyone who loves downhill carving will find this longboard extremely suitable for them, but it is also versatile enough for simply cruising around town or your campus and workplace.
Like many of its counterparts, the board’s deck is made of maple wood, making it both stylish and sturdy. The 70mm wheels are also combined with ABEC-9 bearings for smoother rides, and it also comes with one-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Stable rides facilitated by its drop-through deck and big wheels
- Cool graphic designs
- Solid and durable components
- Smooth riding experience
- A real bargain
- Deck prone to warping after long use
14. Sector 9 Bamboo G-Land 9.75×44 Longboard
This is one of the most lightweight longboards you can find on the market today, but it is still stable enough for you to use on any surface thanks to its shock-absorption property.
With its wide 5-ply bamboo deck, you can enjoy extra foot placing space and thus control the board more easily. In addition, any bumps will be absorbed with ease thanks to its slight flex, making your ride smoother and more comfortable.
In addition, thanks to its 70mm 75A wheels and ABEC-5 PDP bearings, acceleration can be done quickly, and high-speed riding is also safer and more stable.
To sum up, this is a great longboard that you should definitely take into consideration when deciding on your next longboard purchase.
- Ready for use upon delivery
- Stable and comfortable 44-inch maple deck
- Transparent grip tape for extra traction
- Lightweight yet durable
- Adequate shock absorption
- Capable of withstanding heavy weights
- Versatile and flexible
- Slightly wobbly at the beginning, but this can be fixed with some simple adjustments
15. SCSK8 Natural Blank & Stained Assembled Longboard
The Natural Blank & Stained Assembled Complete Longboard Skateboard from SCSK8 has a cruiser shape, perfectly ideal for basic transportation. It comes with the SCSK8 Precision ABEC 9 Red Bearings and 7-inch wide aluminum trucks on an 8-inch wide board.
In such a configuration, the board has a better weight distribution and thus, provides more stability and control when carving or turning. In addition, when it comes to durability, the Natural Blank & Stained Assembled Complete Longboard Skateboard is undeniably strong due to the 7-ply maple wood, capable of handling up to 220 pounds.
In the visual contest, the Natural Blank & Stained Assembled Complete Longboard Skateboard is a looker. The board offers a variety of colors and images to choose from, in different sizes and graphics. With this board in hand (or on your feet), you are never lost in the crowd.
In terms of speed, the Natural Blank & Stained Assembled Complete Longboard Skateboard is no slouch. Thanks to its wide diameter 70mm PU wheels, even on rough surfaces, the board can make every ride a breeze. At a beginner level, this board is, without a doubt, one of the best.
- Comes with top-notch, firm and durable deck
- Excellent wheels for practicing in skate parks
- Built with high-quality trucks
- Provided with helpful grip tape
- Offers you comfortable rides and smooth turns
- An ideal product for cruising
- Wheels are quite slow
16. Loaded Boards Icarus Bamboo Longboard
For beginners, the Loaded Longboard can be quite expensive, yet its quality is undoubtedly superb. Every part of the product is believed to be made carefully so that it can give you top-notch riding experience.
When it comes to the advantages of the product, it is well-known for its time-saving feature. Once you open the box, you can use the board immediately without adjusting anything ranging from stock wheels, bearings, or trucks. It is fast and also very economical.
In addition, the Loaded Longboard is reputed for being extremely versatile. Coming with a special construction, the product can be used for many purposes including freeride, freestyle, snowboard-style carving and urban commuting. Moreover, its features are sufficient for users from all levels. Whether you just start the sport or you are a professional, this product has all the things you ask for.
- Famous for its versatility, which means it can server for many riding purposes
- Easy pushing and stable
- Comes with variable edge concave and Cambered profile for the better riding experience
- Tail kicks and nose
- Provides users with the ability to make tight turns and deep carves
- Flared wheels together with cutouts for the maximal clearance
- Excellent for vibration damping
- Made of fiberglass and vertically laminated bamboo
- Has lightness and durability with a lively ride
- Comes with durable, high-quality Paris trucks
- Special wheels, hence ultimate smoothness, speed and grip
- Maintain good balance
- Good bearings
17. Loaded Boards Tan Tien Bamboo Longboard
The Loaded Boards Tan Tien Bamboo Longboard Skateboard Complete is highly recommended to those interested in longboarding. It is among the best Loaded longboards today for one reason: its design is very trick-friendly. It is in fact a versatile and multifunctional bamboo longboard that you can easily use in a wide range of applications and tricks, including pumping, carving, freeride, and freestyle. It can even be used as an alternative form of transportation and for commuting in the urban centers.
Another plus is the fully functional design of the Loaded Tan Tien longboard. Thanks to its drop-through truck mounting design, which makes the longboard not only more stable but also easier to push. In case of tight turns and deep carves, you will happily find it easier to maneuver it because it also boasts of its big cutouts that work in maximizing wheel clearance.
It has its nose and tail kicks, which allows you to perform something interesting things such as navigating the city streets and doing some advanced freestyle tricks. In addition, it is also very proud of its comfortable and responsive platform perfect for carve-oriented longboarding thanks to its mild concave and cambered profile, which can come to any rider’s attention.
Furthermore, given the fact that it combines fiberglass and vertically laminated bamboo materials, it guarantees that it can deliver a lively ride in addition to its durability and lightweight. The combination of fiberglass and bamboo provides this longboard a flex, which enables it to do pumping and hard carving better.
You can even customize the flex with the help of its three flex ratings to make it suit your style and weight. The longboard also has Paris trucks which help guarantee that it will continue to give riders a more controlled and smoother turning response.
18. Loaded Boards Tesseract Bamboo Longboard
The Loaded Boards Tesseract Premium houses a wide and slight concave deck, which makes it the perfect board for cruising on the streets. The deck is 36-by-9.5-inch, which provides much-needed leg space when cruising. In order to maintain a comfortable and safer experience, the board also comes with the Loaded Custom Grip Tape. Both the dimension of the board and the material of the grip tape make the Loaded Boards Tesseract Premium excellent for stability and control. In addition, the board has a unique design where there is a 50-degree base, making it a bit more flexible. This, in turn, helps you be more confident when carving or turning.
As for the design components, the Loaded Boards Tesseract Premium makes use of a high-quality set of SL ABEC 7 Bearings on a caliber White 180mm truck. It also uses a set of 70mm wide Orangatang Stimulus Freeride Yellow Longboard Wheels. With such a configuration, the board can reach a much higher speed even on rough surfaces.
One downside of the Loaded Boards Tesseract Premium is that the board is only offered in 1 size and color, but for the sturdiness and competence, the board is still quite a steal.
19. Loaded Boards Dervish Sama Bamboo Longboard
The Loaded Dervish Sama is another complete longboard introduced by a good brand, the Loaded Boards. This new bamboo longboard comes with updated tail kicks and nose which guarantee that rider can perform freeride tricks using it. If you want a longboard with an additional flex and complete control over it, then this is a perfect longboard for you.
It is worth noting that the core of this longboard is made mainly of bamboo, making the board highly flexible. The bamboo is also combined with fiberglass, epoxy, and other materials to enhance the longboard’s durability. The 42-inch deck gives just a perfect amount of length and space for a comfortable ride.
The longboard’s more pronounced concave profile is also one of its advantages. This profile provides the board’s rider with more control over its edges. With such advantages, it is without a doubt that it is a number one choice for those longboarding and skateboarding lovers who want full control over their boards.
As mentioned earlier, the Loaded Dervish Sama has an updated nose and tail kicks, featuring lengthened tips. Subtle kicks and better leverage are benefits brought about by those updates. They also make it possible for a rider to secure his feet. The longboard also comes with customized grip tape designs. These coarser grip tapes, placed at the longboard’s nose and tail kicks, give your feet more grip on the board which improves your safety.
The Dervish Sama Flex 3 comes in a form factor of 42.8-by-9 inches that provides plenty of room for movement and enjoyable cruising. And to ensure you feel safe and secured during those trips, the board has a high-quality Black ML Grip tape on top of it.
Unlike most maple wood longboards, the Dervish Sama Flex 3 is made from a flex, bamboo composite. While the board can only handle up to 150 pounds, it is still perfect for juniors and teens who are looking for some beginner longboards. That being said, the board does offer 2 different flex sizes, 1 and 2, where the latter provides a higher weight limit.
The Dervish Sama Flex 3 uses the SL bearings, which are housed on a Paris 180mm Black Longboard Truck. The board also comes with a set of Orangatang Durian Purple 75mm 83a Longboard Wheels. The combination maintains an even weight distribution and better control whilst providing a less tacky experience, which is ideal for rough streets.
20. Landyachtz 2019 Switch 40 Longboard
The Landyachtz Switch Longboard Complete is another excellent choice for and longboarding or skateboarding enthusiasts. Its vibrant graphics is one of its most distinguishable features. It can boast about its sturdy and cool design, pleasing both beginners and experienced riders. The longboard is very versatile and can cope with all types of riding techniques and styles including downhill, cruising, or freeriding.
This is a 40-inch longboard made of 9-layers Canadian maple wood. The maple wood is covered between 2 layers of fiberglass to ensure a cleaner and better finish. The multiple-layer maple wood deck guarantees durability and reduces flex when a rider stands on it. The longboard is designed with a length that can accommodate even very tall and heavy users.
As for the wheels, this longboard features 70-mm mini-monsters 82A wheels. The producer is also proud of its top-notch quality materials. The high-quality materials, especially of the wheels and trucks, ensure that the product will deliver an excellent experience to its riders when they ride it downhill or make sharp turns.
Moreover, the board’s carving is excellent. The wheels have more than enough clearance to easily make sharp turns thanks to the longboard’s high angle trucks. With that, the board is suitable for those who like commuting on it, especially those who want to use it to travel around a college campus. It is the best longboard for that purpose.
It is also worth noting that this longboard comes with a high W-concave, which helps secure your feet more comfortable. It also adds more grip by allowing more contact to be formed between your shoes and the board’s grip tape.
How to Choose The Best Longboard Brands?
- Deck– It forms the basis of any longboard, thus it is the most important component to consider while purchasing a longboard. Longboard decks come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. The majority of decks are made from either maple or bamboo. Maple tends to be more durable while bamboo is flexible. Other materials used are fiberglass, aluminum, polycarbonate, and carbon fiber in the construction of a longboard deck.
- Trucks– Trucks are a T-shaped piece of metal that connects the deck of the longboard to the wheels. There are two main kinds of longboard trucks, traditional kingpin, and reverse kingpin. Reverse kingpin trucks are more stable as compared to the traditional kingpin trucks, thus traditional kingpin trucks are not suitable for speed. Reverse kingpin trucks are truly recommended for beginners. Most of the boards these days, have reverse kingpin trucks only.
- Bushings– These are the little pieces of urethane that allow your trucks to turn. It is important as a beginner to know about how to tighten and loosen your trucks. Tightening the trucks makes them more stable less responsive to turning and vice versa.
- Wheels– The diameter(size) and the durometer (hardness) are the two main aspects of longboard wheels. The longer decks work better with larger wheels and shorter boards work better with smaller wheels. The vice-versa can cause wheel bite. Most longboard wheels have a durometer somewhere between 70a and 90a (70a being the softest, and 90a being the hardest). Soft wheels generally have more grip than hard wheels, thus offers a smoother ride. However, hard wheels are easy for sliding.
Types of Longboards
Downhill– Also known as bombing, it is the most extreme version of longboarding where riders go down long hills at the fastest speeds possible. It is not at all recommended for the beginners. Downhill longboards tend to provide greater stability as they are flat and have long wheelbases. Larger, softer wheels offer a smoother ride on rough terrain. At faster speeds, only a board that doesn’t have a lot of flex will work. Don’t forget to wear protective gear and pads when doing downhill racing.
Cruisers- These are usually the first that comes to mind when you think of longboards. Cruisers have become a huge scene. They make day-day commuting or carving and cruising the streets way easier. These types of boards are purchased for commuting to places and are not at all focused on speeds. These boards are usually flexible enough to provide a smoother ride even on roughest terrains. The pintails are the most popular shape for this style of riding, but a lot of other shapes are available in this segment too.
Freeride– Another popular style of longboarding is free-riding. As the name suggests, it means riding freely wherever you want. A rider can simply do whatever he wants. To practice this style of longboarding, always go for a stiff board. symmetrical boards with kick tails are the most popular in this category. Moreover, for beginners, the freestyle decks are a great option if they aren’t sure which style of riding they wish to pursue. This style is all about tricks, creativity. Go ahead and have fun with this style of longboarding.
🥇 Best Sellers in Longboards Skateboard on Amazon – Shopping Now!!!
An immense drift of popularity towards Longboards has given rise to a lot of best longboard brands in this segment. However, to enjoy this truly magnificent sport you need to buy a perfect piece that matches your requirements.