6 Best Lightweight Sleeping Bag Reviews, Tips & Guides
Top 6 Best Lightweight Sleeping Bag Review 2022. Image via: standard.co.uk
- 1 6 Best Lightweight Sleeping Bag Reviews, Tips & Guides
- 1.1 The Best Lightweight Sleeping Bag in 2022 Reviews
- 1.1.1 1. TETON Sports Tracker +5°F Ultralight Sleeping Bag
- 1.1.2 2. Outdoor Vitals OV-Light 35 Degree Sleeping Bag
- 1.1.3 3. AbcoSport Lightweight Single Sleeping Bag
- 1.1.4 4. Thermodown 15 degree Sleeping Bag of Paria Outdoor Products
- 1.1.5 5. Western Mountaineering Ultralite
- 1.1.6 6. Wenzel Windy Pass Mummy 0°
- 1.2 Conclusion
- 1.1 The Best Lightweight Sleeping Bag in 2022 Reviews
One of the essential criteria of a good sleeping bag is its weight. You don’t want to drag your body forward with a bulky and cumbersome load on your back. No matter what is the purpose, a heavy sleeping bag can really take the fun out of everything. That is why having the best lightweight sleeping bag around can come in handy from time to time. And if you are looking around for such a product, this article got just what need. Right below is a list of excellent examples for your consideration. Check them out and you may just find the right one for you.
However, you should remember that while weight is probably the main concern, other aspects of a product are also important. You should only decide on a purchase only if what you buy can satisfy you all the way. If you just go out and buy on a whim, you are potentially wasting a lot of money for negligible gains. A product that is suitable for you must be able to meet all of your needs and demands. So take it slow and steady, inspect a product thoroughly then think about how it can perform on the field before making the final decision.
The Best Lightweight Sleeping Bag in 2022 Reviews
1. TETON Sports Tracker +5°F Ultralight Sleeping Bag
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND WARM: Tired of your feet getting cold? This is the sleeping bag for you; Designed with added insulation in the footbox; Exceptionally warm and lightweight for backpacking
- COMFORTABLE: Three-piece hood pulls in tightly around your face to keep your whole head warm; Foot box provides more room for your feet; Full-length zipper draft tube keeps the warm air in
- NEVER ROLL YOUR SLEEPING BAG AGAIN: TETON provides a great compression sack for stuffing your sleeping bag; Start at the bottom and stuff the bag in, then tighten the heavy-duty straps
- Product dimension: 87 x 34 x 22 Inches
- Weight: 4.1 Pounds
- Temperature rating: 5 degrees Fahrenheit
For a minimalist, Sports Tracker +5°F from TETON is the best choice when it comes to cold weather camping. The bag keeps the user warm and cozy in extreme temperatures. The convenient head and foot box ensure that you are well protected from head to toe. There are also interior compartments with zippers so you can store items such as your smartphone, car key, wristwatch or wallet. Its fabric is Ripstop Nylon that is water resistant and extremely durable. You can’t tear through the material even if you try to do that intentionally.
At a rating of +5°F, you can hardly find another product that is as light as the Sports Tracker with the same rating. The mummy style construction of the bag wraps around your body nicely without making you feel uncomfortable. Its design maximizes the heat retention rate and prevents the cold air from getting in. Sports Tracker achieves all of that without ending up as a bulky and cumbersome sleeping bag. It can be compressed down for easy carry. This is the product that you should check out if you want something that is light, tough and can help you stay warm in adverse conditions.
- Lightweight and compact
- Tight and secure
- Have its own compression container
- Flimsy zipper
- Inadequate for people with a big body built
- Customer complains about receiving damaged/faulty products
- Complicate to pack
2. Outdoor Vitals OV-Light 35 Degree Sleeping Bag
- Product dimension: 80 x 33 x 6 Inches
- Weight: 2 Pounds 3 Ounces
- Temperature rating: 35 Degrees Fahrenheit
Create for large body built, OV-Light can comfortably accommodate people with a height up to 6 foot 3. Utilizing high strength Ripstop fabric, the bag durability and rating is excellent at such a small weigh and still quite spacious. The strengthened zipper is reliable and permits smooth operation. You won’t have to face any difficulty while opening and closing this sleeping bag. Thanks to the StormLight microfiber insulation, the OV-Light can keep you warm in a near freezing temperature. For easy transport, a convenient carry bag is available.
At an affordable price, OV-Light is an economical choice for a practical and usable solution. You can buy two products and combine them to make a double sleeping bag. Even if you spill water on the bag or face a sudden downpour, the bag performance will remain in perfect working condition. Just slide inside and you shall feel warm and dry no matter what happens. The insulation is bonded so there won’t be a cold spot in the interior. Whether it’s hiking or backpacking, the OV-Light will not disappoint you
- Well insulated
- Protect you from foreign elements
- Inconsistent quality
- The compression sack could use some improvement
- Seams don’t hold together very well
3. AbcoSport Lightweight Single Sleeping Bag
- ULTRA COMFORTABLE SLEEPING BAG – Abco sleeping bags are designed to ensure that after a tiring day of trekking, hiking, travel or any other exploration you can get a good and relaxing night’s sleep.
- EASY TO CLEAN AND CARRY – Our sleeping bags are also extremely easy to clean as they are safer for machine wash too. Moreover, each sleeping bag comes with a travel-friendly carry bag, a compression sack with straps, which makes it quite convenient to store and carry the sleeping bag along. The bags are not only ideal for cold conditions but even for warmer weather.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, SKIN-FRIENDLY AND DURABLE – The sleeping bag offers you extra comfort during Adventurous activities but without adding any extra pounds to your backpack. It has 100% polyester lining which is skin-friendly and uses high quality 210T polyester on the outer side to offer durability to the sleeping bag. The high-quality precisely done stitches enhance the durability even further.
- Product dimension: (75+12) X 30 Inches
- Weight: 3 Pounds
- Temperature rating: 20 Degrees Fahrenheit
You feel that other sleeping bags constraint your feet too much? Well then AbcoSport Lightweight Single Sleeping Bag can help you with its wide bottom and generous interior. The bag employs skin friendly polyester in its fabric and lining which offer a high level of comfort because of the softness. Along with well-done stitching, the bag durability is respectable given that it pretty light. It’s also easy to clean and machine washable so you should have little trouble maintaining it. A carry bag will be provided free of charge as well.
For such a lightweight product, the AbcoSport Lightweight Single Sleeping Bag possesses an admirable temperature rating of 20°F. The bag should be able to keep you warm and cozy in below freezing temperature without trouble. Water and humid accumulation are efficiently deal with by its innovative design. Its double fill engineering permits additional insulation to your body and keeps the weight down. Overall, this is a good option for an around the year sleeping bag.
- Non-allergenic material
- Simple to roll and store
- Well made and high quality
- Plenty of space
- Slightly hard to zip
- A bit bulky
- Not for people on the taller side
4. Thermodown 15 degree Sleeping Bag of Paria Outdoor Products
- ►WARM - Stay toasty warm due to the large baffled construction and 28 oz. of high loft 600-fill power down which provides an excellent temperature rating down to 15F (-10C).
- ►LIGHTWEIGHT - No need to compromise on size and weight. The bag comes in at only 2 lb. 14 oz. and the included compression sack cinches down to just 11 x 7 inches.
- ►DURABLE - The light, but durable, 20D ripstop nylon fabrics and YKK zippers will ensure that the bag performs for countless adventures.
- Product dimension: 80 X 31 Inches
- Weight: 2 Pounds 14 Ounces
- Temperature rating: 15 Degrees Fahrenheit
A product with features of high-end models at a good price, Thermodown 15 is a sleeping bag that worth every penny you spend on it. Made of tear resistant material and reinforced zipper, this is a product can withstand a lot of abuse. On the inside is a soft layer of nylon that ensures the user comfort even in the coldest weather. Combine with a generous bottom and effective hood, your experience with this product is guaranteed to be full of satisfaction. It’s tough, convenient and will stay around for years to come.
- Let you stay toasty warm
- Reliable and durable
- Swift zipper operation
- Competitive performance
- Zipper position should be improved
- Only suitable for small body built
5. Western Mountaineering Ultralite
- 20° F temperature rating and 5IN loft
- Made with very breathable and weather resistant 20 denier shell fabric and filled with 16 ounces of 850 plus fill power goose down
- Full-length #5 YKK zipper with an insulated draft tube and a full down collar to keep the warmth in
- Product dimension: 59 x 38 Inches
- Weight: 1 Pounds 13 Ounces
- Temperature rating: 20 degrees Fahrenheit
Ultralite is more than sufficient for low-temperature environments and perform well in the average situations. The bag materials are high quality from the fabric to the zipper and the result is an excellent product. For a trip on the bike through different attitudes and climates, you will definitely be pleased with the Ultralite. You may feel that this sleeping a bag is bit thin but can keep you warm at temperature as low as 20 ° F. It’s quite strong so you can use it for years before you can see sights of damages
You will be provided with a compression sack so you can reduce the bag dimension to 7 x 13 Inches. At such humble size when packed, you can carry Ultralite wherever you go without breaking a sweat. Its interior space is generous enough that you never feel any unconformable constraint. The bag did come with quite a price tag though so it’s not really affordable to everyone. But if you are willing to spend for a lightweight and comfort product, you can’t go wrong with the Ultralite
- Use high-quality materials
- Strong and light
- Decent rating for four season trips
- Can be packed down to a rather compact size for transport
- Very expensive
- A bit hard to pack
6. Wenzel Windy Pass Mummy 0°
- 0° temperature rating
- 56oz of non-allergenic Omega II fill, with offset quilt construction to capture warmth
- Oversize 33" wide by 84" long
- Product dimension: 84 x 33 Inches
- Weight: 4.5 pounds
- Temperature rating: 0 Degrees Fahrenheit
If you just want a simple and basic design for infrequent use, Windy Pass Mummy 0° might be what you looking for. It’s affordable and functional with a commendable rating of 0°F. This means this sleeping can be used virtually at any time you want throughout the year. The construction of its body follows an offset style so cold spots are not an issue. The use of Omega III synthetic material provides adequate insulation in most of the case. While this is not the best product, it has you want for a warm and comfortable sleep.
- Prevent moisture accumulation
- Durable zipper
- Easy to roll and pack
- Slightly heavy and bulky
- The stitching could have been done better
- Only good for people with an average height
And that are some of the best lightweight sleeping bag around, spot anything you like yet? It can be hard t buy a suitable product when you don’t know much about your options and associated information. But with this article in hand, now you can have a general idea of what to expect from a good and light sleeping bag. Compare your preference with the product specification and then you can make a logical and informed decision.