5 Best Entry Level Road Bikes for Beginners Reviews, Tips & Guides
- 1 5 Best Entry Level Road Bikes for Beginners Reviews, Tips & Guides
- 2 Things to Keep in Mind Before Purchase an Entry Level Road Bike
- 3 Best Entry Level Road Bikes for Beginners In 2021:
Welcome to The Best Entry Level Road Bikes for Beginners 2021!
A road bike is an excellent choice for day-to-day commuting, a perfect machine for fitness enthusiasts. It is designed for paved surfaces, unlike mountain bikes that are recommended for rough or unpaved surfaces.
Buying your first road bike? Not that easy a task as it may look. A lot of options are available in the market, making it tough for the customer to make the right choice that suits his requirements. Check Best Entry Level Road Bikes for Beginners below.
Fixing a specified budget in mind before making a purchase is very important. Before spending your hard-earned money on buying a bike, It’s worth spending some time researching the options. Things you should look for before making a purchase:
Things to Keep in Mind Before Purchase an Entry Level Road Bike
- Frame– Frames are made from a range of materials, the most common being steel, aluminum, titanium and carbon fibre. A carbon- fiber frame will cost you more than an aluminium or steel frame. However, aluminium is the most common frame material for good quality entry-level road bikes.
- Size– The correct frame size is a starting point for a good bike fit. Picking the right size can be extremely difficult as every brand offers different sizes to choose from. So, take advice from the experts or go for a test drive, but do not compromise on this crucial aspect just for a few more bucks. Only with the correct size bike for your height and dimensions will lend you a comfortable ride.
- Components– Majority of your budget should go in choosing the right set of components or group sets (collection of brake and gear parts). There are three major manufacturers that you’ve come across: Shimano, SRAM, and Campagnolo. At entry-level prices, Shimano is the best option available.
- Wheels– The wheels and tyres make the most important part of any bike. Upgrading other components is not burdensome but upgrading your wheels can prove to be an expensive affair.Unlike mountain bikes, road bikes typically do not feature suspension. Thus, for additional comfort, you can opt for wider tyres. Wider tyres give you a little more cushioning in exchange for a little more weight.The lighter and faster the wheels will get if you select a bike in high model range.
- Gears– Road bikes will normally have five to 11 number of sprockets at the rear and at the front usually there are double chainrings but single and triple options are also available.
- Brakes– Road bike with rim or disc brakes? Usually, the entry-level road bikes had caliper brakes( in this the blocks of rubber squeeze against the rim), but now a lot of bikes are equipped with disc brakes, as they offer better braking. Now make a choice carefully here, as rim brake bikes cannot be converted to discs and vice-versa.
Who doesn’t want to buy a budget-friendly bike with reliable quality? Rare are the brands that deliver products that match this requirement. Hence, we have compiled a list of best road bikes for beginners available by some of the best road bike brands.
Best Entry Level Road Bikes for Beginners In 2021:
Take a look at the below-mentioned products:
Vilano Aluminum Road Bike
Vilano as a brand needs no introduction. The brand that started out in 2008 is one of the top road bike brands, which produces the amazing quality of road bikes at truly affordable prices. Vilano is known to make a wide collection of bikes that would fit any biker’s requirements.
Thus, be it a professional rider or a beginner or just a weekend rider, Vilano has something in store to match to every biker needs.
Vilano Aluminium road bike is constructed with a double butted 6061 (lightweight and durable) aluminum frame. The bike is equipped with a padded handle to lend a secure grip to the rider.
Furthermore, it possesses an integrated headset and a Shimano drivetrain with A050 handlebar mounted shifters. This bike has 21 speeds to offer and to balance that it is equipped with Alloy Caliper brakes.
This bike comes with a 700c threadless fork, which works efficiently to absorb shock from rough terrain. The wheels of this bike are constructed with 700c double-walled CNC alloy machined sides. These exceptionally strong wheels are complemented by 700c by 25c tires that ensure a smooth ride.
The best part is that every part of the bike can be customized and upgraded, thus making it one of the best entry level road bikes. This is one of the best options available in the road-bike segment for a budget-conscious buyer.
Giordano Libero Acciao Road Bike
- Medium fits riders 5'8"-6'0" with an inseam of 30"-32"
- Steel frame and Fork
By one of the top road bike brands, this stunning Italian inspired road bike has received a lot of high praise from riders. It features a brilliantly crafted high tensile steel frame that comes in three dimensions; small, moderate or large. Despite the use of steel frame, this bike is lightweight.
This bike is comfortable to ride for both veterans and novice alike. It is equipped with 14-speed Shimano shifters that are integrated into the brake lever which lets you easily switch the gears.
The inclusion of the water bottle mounts. The bike features 700c wheels and has a very strong braking system that will help the rider cycle even on the roughest of the terrains.
The main highlighting part is that this bike is equipped with water bottle mounts that make it very easier long distance hikers. However, the tires of this bike are not up to the mark. The tires on this road bike are hardly capable of supporting large loads, thus you can opt for custom tires. The pedals are also made of low quality plastic, which too is a disappointment.
The bike features a quick-release wheel, which makes it easier to pack it and carry it in the car for transport. However, the assembly of this bike is a bit problematic. Thus, the professional assembly is recommended for your safety and to enjoy your ride.
Schwinn Phocus 1600 Men’s Road Bike
- Schwinn aluminum road frame with Carbon fiber road fork
- Shimano Claris 16 speed derailleur with Micro shift integrated shift/brake lever combo
Founded in 1895, Schwinn is an American icon, a brand that people love and trust. They have been building some of the best-known and best-loved bicycles of all time.
This road bike brand is known to deliver products with exceptional quality and affordability with user-friendly features and technology.
Schwinn Phocus 1600 Men’s Road Bike features a lightweight 56cm aluminum road frame, which is complemented by a carbon fiber fork that helps to lessen the vibrations from uneven roads. The dual suspension ensures a comfortable ride by easing the ride on bumpy surfaces.
This bike gives you access to 16 different levels of speed. A soft and spring saddle lends flexibility to this bike. This model comes wide Kenda K-196 700x23c tires that are designed to provide sufficient cushioning that enables the rider to enjoy a smooth ride even on bumpy surfaces.
Handlebars and seat can be tilted, raised or even lowered as per the riders need. The drivetrain is composed of an SR Suntour alloy crank, a 16-speed derailleur, and integrated shifters. It has Promax alloy dual pivot caliper road brakes for great breaking power.
This bike comes almost fully assembled, thus it only needs a minimal assembling. The best part is that you have a 30-day period to return the bike just in case you experience any problem.
Tommaso Imola Lightweight Road Bike
- YOU DON’T NEED TO SPEND MORE: Because Tommaso is a direct to the consumer brand you can now get a bike with 100% Shimano gears, super lightweight aluminum frame, and lightweight wheels for an amazing value. Tommaso gives you value like no other brand. We provide a lifetime frame warranty and great service through our U.S. based customer service team.
- THE IMOLA IS AFFORDABLE PERFORMANCE, NOT ENTRY LEVEL: If you are just getting into cycling or returning after a long hiatus, this is your bike. New and returning cyclists don’t need “beginner bikes”, that won’t meet your needs or last. You deserve affordable performance! The Imola embodies the idea of affordable performance with a full Shimano groupset you hope is on bikes costing $100’s more. Compare the Imola’s specs with any bike, and you will see the difference between us and the competition
Tommaso headquartered in Denver, Colorado, United States was founded in 1985. Since then the brand has expanded to include various types of road bikes that are known for their quality features and affordability.
Tommaso Imola Lightweight Road Bike is equipped with an aluminum Compact Frame combined with an SST Steel Fork that provides durability to this bike.
This aluminium frame also possesses anti-corrosion capabilities. One of the structural benefits of this bike is that it is available in five different sizes.
This best beginner road bike offers a wide range of gears for all levels of riders in all conditions. It offers 24 speeds plus it is fitted with a triple chain ring that lets you enjoy varied speeds. Now, with such an efficient speed system you need an equally efficient brake system. Therefore, this bike is equipped with stable Shimano Claris brakes to lend safety while you drive this machine. As far as the drivetrain is concerned, it has 3×8 Shimano Claris Groupset, featuring a 30/39/50T Claris crankset and 12x25T Claris cassette.
The compact geometry of the frame and the handlebars offer an enhanced power transfer and provide a comfortable ride. The bike comes with an aluminium fork with Steel Steer tube that is capable of absorbing all the shocks that arise from irregular road surfaces.
The machine also features advanced Shimano DriveTrain components, like ProwheelSolid 330 52/42/30T. To ensure better grip, the bike has adjustable aluminium Ergo handlebars, which are fitted with a 22mm Velo Cork Tape. The bike has lightweight Tommaso TC-20 wheels.
Professional assembly of this bike is always recommended, as this bike needs wheels and derailleurs tuned, and all it’s bolts tightened to technical specifications to ensure optimal performance and safety. However, the bike does not come with pedals hence you need to buy them separately.
A perfect blend of durability and lightness, it is one of the best entry level road bikes given the friendly price at which it comes.
GMC Denali Road Bike
- 21-speed road bike features a lightweight aluminum frame
- Alloy side pull brake calipers and levers. High-profile alloy Vitesse racing rims
GMC is a licensed brand of Kent that includes road bikes and mountain bikes. GMC road bikes are not bound to any introduction. They are a perfect blend of high quality at affordable price. Their bikes usually come with some high-quality top notch features that a customer won’t find anywhere at such friendly prices.
GMC Denali Road Bike is no different. This bike is just perfect the in-between riders who are not looking for a professional bike but doesn’t want to compromise on the quality.
This Unisex bike comes in 5 attractive color options; black and green, gold, yellow and black, black and silver, and black and pink. The four different sizes is another great aspect of this model. GMC Denali features an aluminium frame and weighs in at a mere 29 pounds. To ensure a comfortable ride and a power-packed performance, this bike features Vitesse racing rims and 700c racing tires.
GMC Denali features an aluminium frame and weighs in at a mere 29 pounds. To ensure a comfortable ride and a power-packed performance, this bike features Vitesse racing rims and 700c racing tires.
The bike comes with a Shimano derailleur and Shimano Revo shifter featuring a 21-speed setup, which is just great in itself as Shimano is one of the well-known brands in the entry-level bike market. It is equipped with aluminum brake levers for the alloy caliper brakes.
The maximum weight capacity is 225 pounds. Thus, if you are on the heavier side and looking out to lose weight this bike won’t disappoint you. As this bike is being shipped, a minimal assembly is required. Without any doubt, it is one of the best road bikes for beginners available in the market.
If you are considering purchasing the best entry level road bikes and are new to cycling, the above-mentioned products will prove to be an excellent choice.
However, it is always recommended that before making the actual purchase you should go for a test drive. Take a 15-20 minute ride as every bike has a different riding experience to offer. You will get a glimpse as to which bike suits you the best.